Many of us who are suffering from hair problems undergo hair transplantation. But there are very fewer people who dare to face the hair transplant surgery. Therefore, the reason why so many people do not undergo this surgery is mentioned below:
- There are so many myths and facts that people have regarding hair transplant surgery.
- There are so many false notions made by us about hair transplant surgery.
- Some people think that hair transplant surgery is not good for hair harmony and you.
Hair transplant is a very easy surgery, which has prevented many bald people to get back their normal hairs. Here mentioned are some common myths and facts about hair transplantation. Have a look to know every myth before surgery.
- MYTH 1: The hairs are transplanted.
FACT: The exact fact is that the hairs are not transplanted. Let’s discuss how.
- The graft is the thing that is transplanted on the bald or thin areas. Grafts holding single, double or multiple hairs are transplanted.
- Therefore, the grafts are the small fragments of the scalp strip taken from the back of the head. This is why people think that hair transplants.
- So, always remember that it’s the graft that gets transplanted on your scalp.
- MYTH 2: Other hair can also be used for hair transplantation.
FACT: It’s just the myth that someone else hair can also be used for transplantation. But the exact fact is that we cannot use someone else hair in hair transplant surgery. This is because of the following reasons:
- Every person has their hair characteristics.
- The reason is that your hair follicles are strong enough for you than other hair.
- So, always remember that it’s your hair follicles transplanted from one place of the scalp to others.
- MYTH 3: Hair transplant procedure is painful.
FACT: The hair transplant procedure is not at all painful. Rather they are painless and good for hair harmony and you.
- This is because the hair transplant is done under expert doctors with local anesthesia. Local Anesthesia is the injection that numbs your scalp and results in no pain.
- But if proper care is not done after hair transplantation. Then it can cause complications such as pain, bleeding, etc.
- So, always remember that you should take proper care of your head after a hair transplant surgery.
- MYTH 4: People think that the hair transplant results look unnatural.
FACT: The hair transplant does not look unnatural because the hair transplanted is also the part of your hair. A good surgeon will always determine the proper angle and location for follicles. Because this very much helps in making the hair look natural.
- MYTH 5: Immediate results are shown after a hair transplant.
FACT: There are no immediate results seen after a hair transplant.
- The outcome of hair transplant surgery is noticeable in around 3-4 months. Hence, the complete shinny growth will be seen after 9-12 months.
- Always remember that it takes 3-4 months when you shave your hair fully. This is why transplanted hair also takes time to grow fully.
- The transplanted hairs are new follicles for your scalp and it will take some time to show proper growth.
- MYTH 6: The transplanted hair will fall for a lifetime.
FACT: It’s just a myth that the transplanted hair will fall off for a lifetime. For around 2-3 weeks the hair will fall but after that, it will start coming back. Proper hair growth will be seen. The hairs will not fall off fully, till the time you shave them.
- MYTH 7: Hair restoration results are temporary.
FACT: That’s not the fact. The results for hair restoration are not temporary. Let’s see how?
- In hair transplantation, the follicles are directly transplanted from one place to the other.
- Therefore, this kind of hair care procedure is not temporary. Because it’s your natural hair that is transplanted.
- So, it will remain proper until the time you need them or care for them.
- Always remember that FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is better than FUT.
- MYTH 8: Extraordinary care is required after a hair transplant.
FACT: There is no extraordinary care required after the hair transplant.
- You just need to take care of hairs till the time the surgeon says Ok.
- You just need to take proper medicines from time to time, to stay away from complications.
- MYTH 9: Hair transplant surgery can affect the brain.
FACT: No, hair transplant surgery cannot affect the brain. Because the surgery is done on the outer portion of the scalp. No deep surgery is done therefore, it prevents contact with the brain.
- MYTH 10: Anyone can get a hair transplant.
FACT: No, everyone cannot get their hair transplanted. You should consult your surgeon or doctor before going through the hair transplant surgery.
To get the best result, it is very much important for you to research the thing. Now, you have much information about hair transplant myths and facts. After a doctor’s consultation, you can easily make your decision if you are capable to go through surgery or not.