If you are a people person, then pursuing a career in human resources management would be the right choice for you. The Human Resource role is getting elevated to new heights and their influence can be felt in all management levels to strategize business, advance objectives, administer people data, support HR processes in business, support Human Resource software and mobile HR technology, and the list adds-on.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, HR managers oversee the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff, consult with top executives on strategic planning and serve as a link between an organization’s management and its employees. The role of human resource management professionals is becoming more significant.
Role and Responsibilities of Human Resource Management Professional
The people’s personality is being explored to specialize in –
- Employee relationship management
- Talent acquisition
- Benefits and compensation
- Organizational development
- Oversee performance management system
- Conflict and risk management
- Act as a liaison between management and staff
In brief, HR professionals are signing-off from hiring and firing. They are much more dynamic and playing an essential role in the business’s long-term talent development strategy. These competent and engaging roles have greatly instigated young graduates to pursue an HR career. If you are new to the HR career role, then these tips will help you to become successful human resource management (HRM) professional.
Tips to become a successful HRM professional
- Read souls, speak different emotional and professional languages, and strategically place people.
It’s time to put back the ‘HUMAN’ in human resources is the slogan of Brigette Hyacinth, the most popular and top 100 HR influencer of 2018 and 2019.
- Know the business and lead conversations with data and passion for people.
- Leave a legacy by caring for people and through empathy.
- Be a service-oriented professional, strategic thinker, and a true business partner.
- Build trust and respect with employees, management, and leadership.
- Be a consistent, fair, approachable, and unbiased business partner.
- Learn best practices and advance your career by earning the best HR certifications.
- Find your way up the career ladder. Define your career objectives and reach them.
Apart from college degrees in related subjects, we find several certifications that help HR professionals to climb the career ladder easily. Here is a brief note on the best certifications for HR professionals.
Best certifications for HR professionals
Talent Management Practitioner (TMPTM)
The credentials earned at Talent Management Institute enables you to become a competent HR professional. The knowledge covers critical HR roles, positions, and fulfills other needs of business functions. It enables you to re-engineer your skills, handle business challenges, workforce dynamics, and HR accountabilities. There are certifications for professionals and senior-level professionals who are aspiring to take their role at the global level.
Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
The PHR certification from the HR Certification Institute helps you to learn HR management and program implementation in adherence to applicable US laws and regulations. The certification demonstrates your mastery of technical and operational aspects of HR management. It is for professionals who have experience with logical orientation and responsibilities focused on the HR department.
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM)
Gain authenticated knowledge on policy implementation, service delivery, and HR strategies to fulfill the organization’s demands. The credentials enable you to take a fresh and trending look at what and how HR professionals must put their knowledge to work. It covers the behavioral competencies and functional knowledge areas like people, organizations, and workplaces.
As mentioned earlier, if you are a people person, then a career in Human resources matters to you. Earn HR certifications and climb your HR career ladder with all speed.