Launched on 27th June 2016; Oppo A37 is a dual SIM phone that supports 2G, 3G and even 4G. You can insert a Nano-sim in one slot and a Micro-sim in the other. Oppo A37 runs the Color OS version 3.0 with Android 5.1 Lollipop. If all this grasps your attention, you would surely want to know everything else about Oppo A37. And, we are here to help you with just that. Let’s get started!
Oppo A37 has a metal body available in 2 colors: gold and rose gold. Features a 5-inch LCD and touchscreen.
- The A37 features 3 different types of sensors namely the proximity, accelerometer and compass sensors.
- Message functions include SMS in threaded view, MMS, Email, Push Email and IM.
- The phone has an HTML5 browser.
- Includes an MP4, H.264, FLAC, MP3, eAAC+ and WAV player.
- Also, features a document and photo viewer plus a photo editor.
- The phone supports GSM, HSPA and LTE networks.
- 2G bands supported by the phone include GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 for both SIM 1 & SIM 2.
- Supported 3G bands include HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100.
- Supported 4G bands include LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 41(2500).
- Network speed is either HSPA or LTE.
- A37 includes GPRS and Edge.
- Mobile body dimensions are 143.1 mm x 71 mm x 7.7 mm or 5.63 inches x 2.80 inches x 0.30 inches.
- Mobile bodyweight is 136g or 4.80 oz.
- Features dual SIM. Supports Nano-SIM and has the dual-standby function.
- Display type of A37 is IPS, LCD capacitive touchscreen and 16M colors.
- 5-inch tall screen with a negative sixty-seven-point eight percent, screen to body ratio.
- Screen resolution of 720 by 1280 pixels. A negative two ninety-four PPI pixel density.
- Supports multitouch.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 has been added for protection.
- Features the ColorOS 3.0.
- Android platform is v5.1 Lollipop.
- The chipset of the phone is Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410.
- The Oppo A37 has a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 as CPU and Adreno 306 as GPU.
- In-built memory card slot supports a microSD of up to 256 gigabytes.
- The internal storage of the phone is 16 gigabytes.
- 2 gigabyte RAM prevents the phone from lagging and/or hanging.
- The primary camera is 8 megapixels. Has an f/2.0, autofocus and LED flash functions.
- The secondary camera is 5 megapixels. Has an f/2.4 and ¼ inch sensor size.
- Sound alerts are given off in the form of vibrations, MP3 tunes, and WAV ringtones.
- The phone has a loudspeaker as well as a 3.5 mm jack for earphone plug-in.
- WLAN connections can be attained via Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and hotspot.
- The phone features a v4.0, A2DP blue tooth.
- GPS functions are backed up by A-GPS.
- A37 has a non-removable, lithium-ion, 2630 mAh battery.
Oppo A37 price in Pakistan currently is about Rs. 18,000. The retail price of the Oppo A37 in US dollars is about a hundred and fifty-six. This lies in quite an affordable range given that the phone offers the most modern features.
Is the Oppo A37 worth the buy?
By now, you must be wondering if the A37 is worth investing in. To help you decide whether this is the perfect phone for you, we have put together a list of all the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing this phone. So, keep reading to find out!
- Dual-SIM support is perfect for those who want to run two phone numbers through one, single phone. Moreover, one can input both a Nano-SIM and Micro-SIM.
- The phone has a MicroSD slot that supports up to 128 gigabytes.
- An excellent quality front camera that is a win-win situation for selfie-lovers.
- Does not heat up during use or whilst charging.
- Has a separate jack for both the charging cable and earphones. Therefore, you can listen to music and play games whilst the phone is on charge by making use of your earphones.
- Excellent customer support. Numerous service centers spread out across the country.
- Comes with its original earphones.
- A 2GB RAM is not enough for people who love to use tons of heavy apps. Moreover, for a similar price, it is possible to get a phone with a better RAM capacity.
- Some apps get locked automatically.
- Apps keep running in the background causing lagging and need to be force-stopped or the system rebooted.
- Has an older android version whilst newer phones are offering Pie, Oreo and Nougat versions.
- Most other phones offer a larger screen for the same price.
- Internal memory is actually, only a total of 9.5 GB as reported by a buyer.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Now that you have taken a look at the advantages and disadvantages of the Oppo A37, you must be getting somewhere. It should now be easier to decide whether the phone is actually for you, and is worth the investment. To help you even further, let us now help you answer some of the most frequently asked questions by potential buyers. So, keep reading to see if you have a similar question on your mind:
Does the phone frequently require a hard reset? Will I be able to keep my data safe or will the phone require resets causing me to lose my data?
A hard rest is only required if the phone slows down, a password/pattern is forgotten, applications crash, default functions want to be set back or if you want to wipe off everything before selling the phone off.
After a factory reset, is it possible to recover lost data? Or does it get completely lost?
An Android data recovery tool can be sued to recover lost files. However, this may not work perfectly to restore your data completely. Your best option is to keep back-ups of your data.
What should I do if I forget my unlock screen password or pattern?
The simplest solution to this is a hard reset. The upload of a new firmware too will help you unlock the device with the previous password but you will still lose all the files from your smartphone. The smart thing to do is to note or jot the password/pattern down to prevent yourself from getting locked out of your phone completely and put your data at risk.
What happens to my SD card when I factory reset my Oppo A37?
The bad news is that hard reset wipes off all the data from your phone, the good news, however, is that the external memory stays unaffected. This holds true, only until you do not select SD card formatting before performing the reset.
What about rooting? Is that a smart move?
Rooting can be performed and can be sued to unlock the processor to speed up the smartphone. This though may cause a lot of battery drainage. A custom ROM can also be added to further enhance the phone. Unwanted applications can also be easily deleted.
However, rooting poses a lot of threats and risks. You may accidentally delete system files or other important data. Rooting may also cause further system problems and failure. Moreover, it is difficult to reverse without seeking help from a professional. Also, the phone may lose a lot of its resale value.
Is it possible to reset app preferences in Oppo A37? If so, how do I reset them?
Yes, it is possible. To reset app preferences, press settings and go to the Apps tab. Tap on the 3 dots at the top-right corner. Scroll through the menu to find the Reset App Preferences option and select it after you have read through the warnings and instructions.
How can I ensure that my phone keeps running fast and does not lag?
To ensure this, there are a couple of things that you can do. If your phone has slowed down considerably and is lagging beyond comprehension, you can choose to perform a hard reset. Make sure to back your data up before you do this, though.
Ensure that the phone’s software is fully updated to be certain that this is not causing the phone to slow down. Use a micro SD card to store photos, videos, and music. This will prevent these files from clogging the internal memory. Also, it helps you keep your files safe if something happens to the phone.
Furthermore, you can download App cache cleaners and anti-virus programs to further check that the phone is in perfect condition and to keep it clear from junk.
Whenever you find the phone is lagging, before you take any other steps, its best to check if you do not have unneeded applications and if a simple restart, helps solve the problem.
Conclusively, the Oppo A37 is a pretty average phone that offers most general, modern features. However, it cannot be denied that you can find similar, better phones in the market that cost almost about the same.
The best thing, as claimed by buyers, is the phone’s clear picture quality and front camera. Definitely, a delight for selfie-lovers!