If you want to make a character look cool, you put him or her in sneakers. It’s a formula that has worked for many movies in the past. Sporting sneakers is a wardrobe idiosyncrasy that often endears a character to the audience, whether the hero is wearing the best men’s athletic shoes or a quirky style that matches the role perfectly. It’s easy to become cynical about product placement in movies, but when something works it works. Next thing you know it is part of cinema history. Here are some great sneaker moments from film.
- The Nike Cortez in Forrest Gump. After Jenny gives a pair of these to Forrest, these OG White/Varsity Royal/Varsity Red colorways spend a fair amount of time on screen as the hero runs across the country. It’s a good fit since this was Nike’s first track shoe.
- The Vans Checkerboard Slip-on in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. The word is that Sean Penn as stoner Jeff Spicoli chose these sneakers himself. They captured the SoCal vibe of the times.
- The Nike Air Force II in Big. Another Tom Hanks sneaker moment happened when the star wore these as he plays the giant light-up piano with his feet. For a moment, the white/blue colorway of the sneakers filled the big screen.
- The Nike Air Mag of Back to the Future II. These futuristic, fictional shoes fit the comic tone of the movie as they featured self-fastening laces and light-up panels. Nike and designer Tinker Hatfield created the shoe for real in limited production in 2011.
- Puma Classics in Tootsie. Dustin Hoffman sports a pair of light gray suede Puma sneakers in this film before he transforms into Tootsie. They form a perfect accompaniment to his irascible character.
The Top Sneakers for Real Life
A great pair of sneakers can help you feel like a movie star. The right shoes feel sweet on your feet and look good, too. When searching for Puma shoes for sale you know there will be some solid options out there. With a large selection, you get the color and the style you want in a quality sneaker. The brand is known for its classic sporty shoes and its durability. Speaking of iconic, the Puma Suede style has been a favorite since 1968, ever since basketball great Walt Clyde Frazier, known for his legendary cool, championed the style. So whatever your activity, whether it is heading toward the beach or looking for a pickup game of basketball, Puma has a design for you. This is the brand worn by celebrities such as Ralph Simpson, Selma Gomez and Rihanna.
The Best Prices for Your Feet
Whether you’re looking for something with a bit of attitude or your main thing is comfort, Puma sneakers deliver every time. Best of all, it’s easy to score superior pricing with a large selection and super discounts. You get a quality shoe at a fraction of the retail price. This goes for men and women’s styles and includes everything from runners to sports sneakers to cute and casual. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at the classic and new designs made by this famous leader in footwear that’s cool enough to take a lead role in the movies. Shop online now for the best deals and selection.