In today’s technological arena people move towards paperless era, the tool of digital storage media has grown numerous. Primarily in terms of personal data storage, where singles commonly rely on the extended capability of portable data storage solutions such as USB drive, Pen drive, and SD card so on. The USB drive is faster with higher storage capacity. It is widely used in laptop, camera, tablets, music player and another portable device.
However, the USB drive is prone to damaged data, accidentally deleted, formatted and corrupted leading to loss of complete videos, multimedia files, audio’s, photos, files, and folders, etc. This situation begins with an error message. If not handled properly this might lead users to the permanent data loss situation in which the USB drive data recovery gets hard. But you don’t worry, read the full article to know how to fix corrupted files from USB drive without losing any piece of information.
How Do You Know Your USB Drive is Corrupted?
If you saw these things in your USB drive then, You understand that is corrupted if you get all below signs:
- A black screen looks along with an error message USB drive is not accessible. The files are corrupted and unreadable.
- Most of the data missing from the users USB drive
- When you effort to read the USB drive through a laptop, no folder looks, or the folders do not open. and displays error messages, Read / Write error on USB that signals it cannot read from the machine.
- Your USB drive is recognized by your computer, but you are not able to see any stored photo or video. It displays the message USB drive is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?
- You are not able to add, delete, copy or save anything in your USB drive.
Fix Corrupted Files from USB By Using Command Prompt
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously.
- Write CMD to enter command prompt.
- In the console window, type ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D F:*.* (Replace the F with the actual drive letter of the USB drive).
- Press Enter and wait for the corrupted file recovery from the USB drive
If your data is not recovered by using the command prompt. I know it is complicated. If users done any small mistake they lost their data permanently. So now, users can move the second method to try trustworthy professional software.
Fix Corrupted Files from USB With Trusted Software
SysTools USB Drive Recovery Software has the ability to recover corrupted files from USB drive instantly. Now I will tell explain the working procedure of the software. This software is able to recover inaccessible data from corrupted USB drive. The software supports to recover all types of data such as photos, audio’s, videos, document, etc. The tool supports to restore exFAT, FAT (16, 32) and NTFS formatted external device. Just follow these simple steps to fix corrupted files from USB. That I have mentioned below:
Step: 1. Attach the USB Drive to Windows PC and Run the Application
Firstly, users should be attached their USB drive on the PC. When your USB is connected successfully then, you can download the USB data recovery software and install it.
Step: 2. Select Recovery Options Scan or Formatted Scan
The tool provides two recovery options: first is Scan and Second is Formatted Scan. Choose Scan to recover corrupted, normal deleted data and permanently deleted data (shift deleted) from USB drive. If you format your files and folders then you can choose formatted scan.
Step: 3. Preview Recovered USB Drive Data and Search
You can preview the data by exploring the folder one by one. The preview window helps you to search your photos, videos, audio files, and documents rapidly and accurately. Users can choose the files and folders that users want to restore and then, click to start button.
Step: 4. Save Recovered Data in your PC
After doing these things you can save your recovered data at your desired location.
It recover data instantly without any data loss.
how to fix corrupted files from USB drive without losing any piece of information” is a common issue for USB drive users. It can happen to any users at any given time. So it is wise to take some basic precautions such as regular scan, not attaching to untrustworthy computer, always safely removing USB drive, etc. If you still get this issue, then try the methods we have discussed. If users want to restore data from corrupted USB drive without wasting any time or suffering any data loss, select USB Drive Recovery Software.