With the advancement of technology in almost every sector, the meaning of every term has been changed and is used interchangeably. The electrical sector is already growing at a faster pace, every day it comes up with the new technology and updates which prove to be very useful for the whole economy not particularly the commercial area but also used in household area. The demand for electrical engineers is increasing to meet these new updates and advancements in this sector as a whole. Electrical cable and wire suppliers are handling this business in their own way. The terms wire and cable are used in place of another but in actual both these terms are quite different.
A wire is known to be a single electrical conductor and the cable is referred to as a group of wires. Earlier, the cable is used as a term to denote the group of multiple ropes in electrical combination. Cables are meant to hold or carry the electric currents. The installation of proper wires and cables is very essential irrespective of the location whether it is inside or outside. In order to ensure the smooth flow of the electric currents or the electricity supply, major importance must be given while installing the electric system. There also exists an authority in this regard i.e. national electric code, who has given all the details and standards regarding the installation of wires and cables.
Installation of Wires and Cables
There are so many factors that will affect your decision of buying the electrical wires i.e. the size, color, texture, or the application of the wires. In most cases, the important or relevant information is written on the packet or on the label that will help you to decide the right wire for your home as per your requirement. There are many factors that can be taken care of while selecting the wire. These are as follows:
- Size of the wires: It means deciding about the size of the wire as per its need or application. It can be determined by the measuring instrument. The general sizes of the wires are 10, 12, and 14. This highest number represents the smaller size of the wire and the smaller number represents the large size of the wire.
- Wire lettering: wires are codified in many ways to be representative. The common criteria used in the codification of wires are alphabetical letters. Letters, like THHN, THWN, etc. represent the types of different wires. Every letter has its own meaning and code which can be understandable only by the experts or person who gives these codes to the wires.
- T stands for – thermoplastic
- H stands for –heat
- W stands for – wet locations
- N stands for – the nylon coating
- HH stands for – high heat
Electrical Cable Retailers are the ones who are serving customers directly as per their needs. They purchase these wires from the manufacturer and then sell them to buyers. Each and every wire must be carefully selected and installed.