The Coronavirus started spreading at the end of November last year, 2019. It caused a huge outbreak in China, Wuhan province first. Thousands of people got infected with Covid-19 and many people have already died.
However, with super efficiency, discipline, and hard work, the corona outbreak has gone lower in China. But, unfortunately, it has spread all over the whole world. After China, Italy is the most seriously affected by Covid-19. Many people have already died in Italy and thousands of people are coming to the hospitals for the cure.
Not only China, but there is also news that Covid-19 has spread in Asian countries as well.
Though all the Counties are trying to cope with this dangerously contagious disease, many cases are still coming. This virus can take your life if you aren’t aware of some important things and follow some safety measures.
So, here you should understand the symptoms first.
What symptoms should you look for to treat your Covid-19 infection?
The whole nation is suffering from the threat of Covid-19 spread.
Covid-19 occurs by a member of the coronavirus family. It is highly contagious and can transform into humans from animals.
It has spread worldwide very fast and thus, created a pandemic situation.
There is a lot of corona-affected news coming from every corner of the world. However, proper treatment can cure a patient infected with Covid-19. You should know when to seek medical help for coronavirus.
Also, to get the proper treatment, you have to understand the symptoms first.
Well, according to the WHO, people should suspect that they might have Coronavirus infection if they are experiencing fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
However, these symptoms are very common like influenza.
But there are some differences in the symptoms from other colds and coughs.
Here you go:
- If you are infected with Covid-19, you can experience fever, tiredness and a dry cough.
- You can also have a runny nose, sore throat, nasal congestion.
- You can also experience high temperatures. Hot to touch on your chest or back.
- You may get a repeated cough.
- Some patients are also experiencing body aches, pains, myalgia, and diarrhea.
- Patients can also suffer from shortness of breath and other respiratory problems.
Who is at high risk from Covid-19?
According to the doctors, more than 80% of people who are affected by Covid-19 experience a serious cold and respiratory problem.
However, some people can recover from this virus infection without any special treatment. But, the patient needs to have very strong immunity.
Most elderly people or kids under the age of 10 who have poor immunity are at high risk.
The WHO says, the elderly and people with other medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, chronic respiratory conditions, are at greater risk from Covid-19.
What should you do when you experience Covid-19 symptoms?
If you experience any of the symptoms listed above, then you should be very careful.
Here are some steps that you should consider as soon as you experience Covid-19 symptoms;
- Don’t take any medicine on your own.
- Don’t take antibiotics. This virus can’t be treated with antibiotics.
- Inform your doctor regarding your symptoms.
- Call the Corona helpline available for your locality.
- Maintain isolation. Don’t touch any of your family members.
- Don’t go out. Ask help from others.
What are the chances of recovery from Covid-19 infection?
According to medical experts, the Covid-19 recovery depends on the strength of the immune system of a patient.
It has seen patients with no other serious disease recorded and normal to good immunity recover from Covid-10 infection.
This type of patent doesn’t need any treatment. Only proper rest, sufficient intake of fluid is enough for good immune people to fight with Covid-19.
When should you call the doctor?
If you have a fever, repeated cough, and breathing problems, you should call your doctor.
Don’t try to visit your doctor. Call first to let him know about your symptoms.
Your doctor will tell you the safety measures you should consider and how to relieve your condition.
Remember, there is no specific antiviral therapy for Coronavirus recovery.
If you see the condition getting worse, then you may have to call for supportive care to relieve symptoms. Supportive care will provide you with the support of vital organ functions in severe cases.
What safety measures should you follow to avoid the Covid-19 threat?
Since the Covid- 19 has already created a pandemic situation worldwide, you should consider some important safety measures designed by the doctor and govt. authorities.
Here are some safety measures you should follow:
- Self-quarantine, self-isolation, and staying at home is the first and foremost responsibility to follow.
- Don’t roam around and visit crowded places this time.
- Wear a mask if you have to go out to buy the necessary items.
- Wash your hand for 0scceond and repeatedly.
- Use hand sanitizer as many times as possible.
- Sanitize your home.
- Ask your kids to wash their hands properly.
- Don’t hug people or handshake visitors.
- Drink plenty of water
What you shouldn’t do during this pandemic time?
If you have Covid-19 symptoms, then don’t visit your doctor.
- Remember most doctors’ offices isolate patients who potentially have COVID-19.
- You should call your doctors to answer some questions to get diagnosed.
- Also, you shouldn’t organize a party and invite family and friends.
- Don’t visit restaurants, shopping malls, and clubs.
- Don’t plan a vacation.
- Don’t visit hospitals or clinics to do your regular checkups and tests.
- your doctor’s office will tell you what to do when you arrive.
Lastly, you have to remember that you shouldn’t panic, instead, you have to be aware of the symptoms, precautions, and treatment.
According to the report, the mortality rate is about 2% for the first 40,000 hospitalized cases in China. There is a vast spread in Italy, but they are trying their best to get rid of this deadly virus spread.
According to the World Health Organization on March 18, there were 1,000 cases worldwide and mortality ranged from eight percent in Italy to 0.2 percent in Germany.
Despite this stat, you should not forget that most patients with COVID-19 survive.
The Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) Coronavirus Dashboard has reported that as of March 19th, 85,000 patients have recovered.
So, you shouldn’t panic. Follow the safety regime, stay at home and wait for the time when this deadly virus is no longer spreading through its contagious nature. The whole world is in the middle of a flu epidemic. But, once you are avoiding socializing, the virus can’t be spread from you to others. Thus, this virus can go away from all of us and you can start living a healthy life again.