Chevrolet Trailblazer is GM’s new SUV launch in India with a price range of 20- 26.99 lakhs. It has an outstanding road presence and has the will to rough it up. The size is big enough to accommodate large goods and many people. The SUV comes with some of the best features like the bulging bonnet, wing mirrors, 265/60 R18 wheels, spoke alloys on the 18-inch wheels, etc.
The car has been designed to keep space and comfort in mind. Just like the exterior, the interior is also equipped with features like a comfortable front seat, the middle row is also very spacious. It is a seven-seater SUV that comes with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system and has a smartphone app link for internet radios. There is USB, AUX and Bluetooth connectivity too.
The car also takes care of the safety features and comes with the two front airbags, hill descent control, and start to assist, ABS with EBD, cornering brake, etc. It is powered by a 2.8 liter 4-cylinder Duramax diesel engine. It is well known for its high torque output. It has 200PS of power at 3,600rpm and 500Nm of torque at 2,000rpm. The car gives a mileage of 11.45 kmpl but in the real world, you will get it around 8 to 10 kmpl.
Chevrolet Trailblazer comes with some of the amazing parts. Some of them are as follows:
- Disk Brake: It is a 2 pcs slotted discs for 2004-2005 Buick rainier. The fitment comes with 2004-2006 Isuzu Ascender, 2002-2005 GMC Envoy, 2002-2004 Oldsmobile Bravada compatible with 120.66051,55069 ATD882C. The slotted brake pads allow dust to disperse into the air through grooves. It keeps the friction intact. The non-noisy pads improve drainage, heats faster, and has better ventilation. The Chevrolet Trailblazer brakes are ceramic coated
- Windshield wiper: The car comes with AERO wipers and has 6 months of warranty. They use durable material for longer performance. The wipers are blended rubber with Teflon coating which gives a smooth and clean wipe. The aerodynamic design reduces drag and noise.
- Spark Plug: It has a platinum firing pin and yttrium enhanced ground electrode that provides longer service. It has a 360-degree continuous laser welding to fuse the platinum firing pin.
Other parts include exhaust, filters, engine and their parts, transmission and drivetrain, fuel system, etc.
Chevrolet Trailblazer oil filters are very unique and increase the lifespan of the machine. It is designed for longer change intervals. It has 70 percent more capacity. The performance is at 96 percent single-pass efficiency (SPE). It performs at Synthetic blend media backed by a metal screen for uniform pleating, durability, and optimum oil flow. Some of the best Chevrolet Trailblazer oil filters are as follows:
- FRAM PH10060 Full-Flow Lube Spin-on Oil FilterWIX Filters – 57060XP Xp Spin-On Lube Filter
- Royal Purple 10-48 Extended Life Premium Oil Filter
- FRAM TG9837 Tough Guard Passenger Car Spin-On Oil Filter etc.
Checking the coil pack is very easy. The steps are as follows:
- Check the condition of the coil. If the car has loud engine noise, backfiring, difficulty in starting the car, occasional idling, poor fuel economy, etc, there is a need to change the coil pack.
- Perform the spark plug test. Make sure that the machine’s engine is off.
- Do the resistance test. Test the coil with the multimeter. Disconnect the electrical connector and then remove the coil pack. Set the ohmmeter/multimeter to 200 ohms range. Turn on the connector. Attach the spark plug wire terminal to each coil using the meter lead.
- A switch signal test is performed. Check whether the coil pack is receiving 12 volts or not. Detach the coil pack from the connector and insert the red lead of the LED into the power connector. Turn on the car engine. If the LED flashes in both the circuits, the coil pack is bad and you need to replace it.