Ever since various governments worldwide legalized the sale and use of weed, you can find the product anywhere you go. Despite its increasing popularity, many people still don’t know what CBD is and what it does. Since you derive CBD from the hemp plant, many people have formed misconceptions about the herb.
That said, this article will highlight seven truths about CBD that may change your misconceptions about the herb.
1. CBD Doesn’t Get You High
Not surprisingly, many people seem to think that CBD gets you high. This fact is because of the misconceptions surrounding hemp and its products in general. Additionally, many people who don’t understand much about CBD vaping think it is harmful and can get addictive. However, the most prevalent product that contains psychoactive and addictive properties is THC. Although CBD contains THC, it cannot get you high no matter how much you take.
2. It Can Provide Many Health Benefits
A big reason why governments and countries around the world legalized CBD is its health benefits. Due to its interactions with the endocannabinoid system, it provides several health benefits such as:
- A source of many vitamins and minerals: You can find multiple vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B, calcium, and magnesium. Your body needs all these to function effectively, so taking CBD will provide you with essential vitamins.
- It also helps to protect vital organs: CBD significantly protects vital organs by preventing inflammation to a great degree. Additionally, they also contain antioxidant properties that may help to keep the body healthy.
3. It May Treat Mental Health Disorders
If you take CBD regularly, you will notice that your terrible moods tend to improve significantly when you take it. This effect is also due to its interactions with the endocannabinoid system. The ECS is mainly responsible for the regulation of pain and emotions.
CBD may speed up the efficiency of neurotransmitters and receptors in the system. Hence, it is a very effective treatment for mental health disorders like anxiety, depression, and other mood disorders. According to a study, CBD is also beneficial for managing stage fright. If you need to buy CBD products, it is always advised to buy them from reputed brands like Sunday Scaries.
4. CBD Oils Differ Based On Formulas
CBD oils are arguably one of the most used CBD products. However, many people don’t know that the type of CBD oil you buy influences the benefits you will get. You can group CBD oils into three main categories:
- Full-spectrum oil: Full-spectrum is the type of CBD oil that contains all the extracts from a hemp plant. These include impurities, terpenes, and the full concentration of THC extracted from the plant.
- Broad-spectrum oil: This variant is very similar to the full-spectrum oil, which is why many people confuse them for one another. The only difference is that manufacturers remove all traces of THC extracted from the hemp plant.
- Isolate: Isolate is a less common form of CBD, but people popularly regard it as the purest. This is because manufacturers have extracted all cannabis compounds and impurities.
5. CBD is Safe To Use
People have debated its effects on humans for decades. Fortunately, governments legalizing herb has allowed many scientists to conduct multiple research to ascertain if it’s safe for humans to use.
Scientists conducted a study in 2011 and finalized it six years later to confirm the effects of CBD on the body. The results have confirmed that CBD does not alter bodily functions such as heart rates, fitness levels, and body temperature.
6. Your Pets May Also Benefit From CBD
Not only is CBD beneficial to you, but it also provides multiple health benefits to your pet due to the presence of the endocannabinoid system. As mentioned earlier, the endocannabinoid system helps to suppress pain. Additionally, it is also primarily involved in maintaining homeostasis and emotions. Over time, it will change their outlook on life to a positive one.
Although these CBD products need to be fine-tuned for a pet to use them, they are available in multiple stores around you.
7. It is Legal In Many Places
The good news is that these CBD products are legal in many countries worldwide, like the US, Canada, and Argentina.
What’s more, the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill in America allowed American farmers to produce and sell hemp and its products. It also legalized the consumption of this herb. This movement has allowed many other countries to review their unfair bans on CBD products and lift them. Thus, you have nothing to be afraid of if you want to purchase and consume CBD products.
It is uncertain how long hemp and CBD will continue to be controversial topics of discussion. However, these seven truths listed above illustrate seven facts about CBD that will change your misconceptions around the drug. However, if you are interested in incorporating the supplement into your diet, it is best to consult an expert.