If the applicant is planning to travel or working in a regional area of Australia, they must be eligible for the skilled regional provisional visa subclass 489. Visa authority provide OVHC (Overseas Visitors Health Cover) for international visitors. In Australia, OVHC lets the applicant access health and medical cover.
Seven facts of the skilled regional visa (subclass 489)
Seven facts which are essential for the skilled regional provisional visa subclass 489 is mentioned below:
Stay time in Australia
With this visa subclass 489, the applicant can stay in Australia for four years from that date when the visa authority grand the applicant’s visa. The applicant cannot remain in Australia longer by extending this visa subclass 489.
If the applicant nominated for this skilled regional provisional visa subclass 489, the applicant and all the family members of the applicant who are a holder of this visa need to work, live or study in Australia. It is essential for them to live, work and study in a specified region of Australia, which is a metropolitan area or low population growth areas. The applicant does not withdraw the nomination if they withdraw their nomination they couldn’t be granted the visa.
If any relatives of an applicant who is eligible for sponsoring the application of the visa then the applicant and all the family members of the applicant who are a holder of this visa need to work, live or study in a designated area of Australia. If the minister does not accept the sponsorship, the applicant not be granted the skilled regional provisional visa subclass 489.
Travel limitation of the visa subclass 489
When the validation of visa subclass 489 active, the applicant can travel outside of Australia and return many times in Australia as they want. The time which is spending the applicant outside Australia, they do not feel able to extend their visa.
Include family member
When the applicant applied for the visa, they can include family members in their application. Every family member who is applying for this visa they have to fulfill all the requirements of character and health. The applicant adds dependent children in their application. After the visa authority grants their use, the applicant and their family members join as a subsequent entrant in Australia.
The obligation of the visa subclass 489
The requirement of the visa which is applied to the applicant and the included family member is mentioned below:
- Follow all the Australian laws.
- It is important for the applicant to follow all the conditions of the current visa.
- When the skilled regional provisional visa subclass 489 is in effect, the applicant has to comply with all the conditions of the visa.
The visa authority recommends the applicant to take health insurance which covers any emergency medical treatment, and they have to stay in Australia. The applicant personally liable for all the total healthcare costs when the applicant in Australia.
Eligibility criteria of visa subclass 489
- Eligibility criteria of visa subclass 489 are mentioned below:
If the applicant nominated by the territory or state, then they are eligible for this visa application.
- The applicant’s age has to be fewer than 45. If the applicant’s age is more than 45 and they are nominated by the territory or state then they are eligible for this visa application.
- The applicant has to hold an eligible visa.
- The applicant has to fulfill additional requirements.
The applicant has to submit all the essential documents.
- The applicant needs to meet the health requirement. Based on their health declaration, the visa authority decided which applicants require this health checkup.
The applicant made an application for this visa subclass 489 online. Complete the form the applicant have to ready the entire document, which is essential, and complete the payment process also. When they applied for this visa, the applicant must stay in Australia.
Processing time of the application
- 75% of the applications: Unavailable according to the low volume of the claims.
- 90% of the applications: Unavailable according to the small amount of the applications.
Cost of the visa
- The total cost of the principal applicant is AUD1, 650.
- Family members who are applying for this visa, every member has to pay the visa application charges.
- The applicant has to pay the charges for a health checkup, biometrics, and police verification.
- The second installment charges for the family members are AUD4, 890.
You Should always consult a migration agent in Adelaide for migration-related issues as they know how to make it your visa journey hassle-free and they will also keep you updated with the latest changing migration laws
The applicant can travel, work or study in Australia with this temporary visa subclass 489. It is essential for them to live, work and study in a specified region of Australia, which is a metropolitan area or low population growth areas. The visa authority digitally links the applicant’s visa with the passport, applicants not get any label in their passport.