Breastfeeding is an amazing thing and if you want to breastfeed your newborn in a public area, then you must use the best breastfeeding cover. Most of the time, breastfeeding in public becomes awkward because of the strangers gawking at you. This can be prevented easily with the help of a multi-use nursing cover that can be used for various different purposes apart from breastfeeding. For instance, you can also convert them into a car seat canopy for the comfort of the baby. Breastfeeding is an art and every mother goes through this phase. You just need to remember why did you start this in the first place and how are you going to continue doing it without any hassle. It not only means nursing through your best but it also exclusively means pumping using the supplemental nursing processes. Breast milk is also known as ‘gold milk’.
Here are some of the fascinating facts about breastfeeding that will leave you spellbound!
- Mothers would be delighted to know that breastfeeding burns around 500-600 calories a day. It means you might end up losing weight without working out. Amazing, right?
- Breast milk is a living being or a living substance, you can say because it consists of live cells along with the stem cells that keep on becoming other body cell types like kidney, heart, bone tissues, and so on. That makes breastfeeding even more interesting.
- Breast milk also consists of antibodies like the live white blood cells that help your baby in fighting against all types of infection. Whenever your baby is sick, there are a number of cells in the breast milk that keeps on increasing to help the baby.
- The smell and the taste of the breast milk changes depending on the food and liquids you consume. This exposes your little one to many more flavors during the time of breastfeeding which leads them to be picky eaters once you start introducing them to the solids. Quite interesting, right?
- Cow’s milk is used to replace breast milk in various recipes. Now, you know how important breast milk is? And so, is breastfeeding!
- Another amazing fact is that breast milk is not always white in color. Most of the time, it’s yellow, green, blue, and sometimes, even golden, pink, and orange, depending on the diet of the mother. Don’t worry, the baby will still be healthy even with the different colors of breast milk.
- In case you’re worried about the size of your breasts, then don’t because it has nothing to do with the milk-making tissues.
- Your breast milk changes constantly as per the needs of the growing baby. Every month, every year, every day, and even after a single feeding, it keeps on changing.
- The mothers who are into breastfeeding have a lesser risk of developing ovarian cancer, breast cancer, heart diseases, strokes, postpartum depression, and other diseases. The more you breastfeed your baby, the more protection you’ll receive.
- It’s healthy for the babies as well. It prevents infection and illness among babies.
- Premature babies who feed more breast milk during the first 28 days of their life have better brain development and skills as compared to the other children.